We are a fellowship from various denominational backgrounds, but aligned with Southern Baptist in our evangelical theology, church polity, cooperative mission partnerships, and Christian worldview.
We are primarily Baby Boomers who choose to do church more like a relaxed Sunday School class, a family get-together, than as a corporate event.
West Mobile Bible Fellowship is marked by its relaxed atmosphere and governed by the following held values…
- We value expository verse-by-verse study of God’s word, through facilitated discussion, being able to allow those in attendance to talk, share, and openly consider viewpoints without criticism or judgement.
- We value core evangelical conservative beliefs, as stated in our constitution and doctrinal statement, but are committed to refraining from dogmatic agreement on non-salvific beliefs as are outside the expression of those essential biblical beliefs.
- We value identifying ourselves as the church, being the church, rather than defining a building or organization as the church we are called to be.
- We value involvement from individuals of various denominational backgrounds, respecting denominational heritage, rather than imposing those practices on the group gatherings, without consent of pastoral leadership and community acceptance.
- We value simplicity in our fellowship, without budget-driven requirements, choosing to voluntarily partner together in gospel ministries with others in cooperative missions that advance the Great Commission.
- We value respecting the traditional church congregations and recognize their clergy leadership and institutional governance in the advancement of the Kingdom of God.
- We value partnerships with traditional church ministries in cooperative missions and community ministries, and believe that micro and macro approaches to gospel fellowship can and should work together in these days before our Lord returns.
West Mobile Bible Fellowship exists to grow our faith in Jesus Christ through simple gatherings of worship and by going to the world as His witnesses.
West Mobile Bible Fellowship believes in faith in Jesus Christ as the only Savior and Way to Heaven (Ephesians 2:4-9), hope through the Bible as the only authority in matters of beliefs and conduct (Romans 15:4), and love for one-another as the ultimate witness of our faith and character of God (John 13:34-35).
Please visit our What We Believe page to learn more about the biblical beliefs we hold as a community of believers in fellowship.
We are an independent, autonomous, and self-governed church ministry that is not funded, directed, or supported by any other church, denomination, association, or organization.
We are affiliated with the Send North America church planting initiative of the North American Mission Board of Southern Baptist.
While we receive no funding or financial support from any other source, we are regular voluntary mission partners with other churches and ministries in the cooperative work of the Great Commission, disaster relief, and benevolence giving. Please visit our Cooperative Missions page to read more about our missions involvement.