West Mobile Bible Fellowship is a small group church ministry of Christian believers from various denominational backgrounds who meet on Sunday mornings to grow in faith together through Bible study, prayer support, and Christian fellowship.
We are passionate about regularly partnering in cooperative missions with ministries and other churches who can reach farther than us in advancing the Great Commission.
We are primarily “baby boomers” who find this relaxed small-group style of doing church a welcomed way to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18, NKJV).
West Mobile Bible Fellowship is marked by its relaxed atmosphere and governed by the following held values…
- We value expository verse-by-verse study of God’s word, through facilitated discussion, being able to allow those in attendance to talk, share, and openly consider viewpoints without criticism or judgement.
- We value core evangelical conservative beliefs, as stated below, but are committed to refraining from dogmatic agreement on non-salvific or end-time beliefs, as our outside the expression of those essential beliefs.
- We value identifying ourselves as the church, being the church, rather than defining a building or organization as the church we are called to be.
- We value involvement from individuals of various denominational backgrounds, respecting denominational heritage, rather than imposing those practices on the group gatherings without pastoral leadership and community consent.
- We value simplicity in our fellowship, without budget-driven requirements, choosing to voluntarily partner together in gospel ministries and with others in cooperative missions that advance the Great Commission.
- We value the traditional church congregations and recognize their clergy leadership and institutional governance in the advancement of the Kingdom of God.
- We value partnerships with traditional church ministries in cooperative missions and community ministries, and believe that micro and macro approaches to gospel ministry can and should work together in these days before our Lord returns.
West Mobile Bible Fellowship exists to grow our faith in Jesus Christ through simple gatherings of worship and by going to the world as His witnesses.
West Mobile Bible Fellowship believes in faith in Jesus Christ as the only Savior and Way to Heaven (Ephesians 2:4-9), hope through the Bible as the only authority in matters of beliefs and conduct (Romans 15:4), and love for one-another as the ultimate witness of our faith and character of God (John 13:34-35).
Please visit our Doctrines of our Church page to learn more about the biblical beliefs we hold as a community of believers in fellowship.
We are an independent, autonomous, and self-governed church ministry that is not funded, directed, or supported by any other church, denomination, association, or organization.
We are members of the National Association of Evangelicals, an association representing 40 denominations and 1000′s of local church congregations, and are most closely aligned to Southern Baptist churches in our core theology, polity, and Christian worldview.
While we receive no funding or financial support from any other source, we are regular voluntary mission partners with other churches and ministries in the cooperative work of the Great Commission, disaster relief, and benevolence giving. Please visit our Cooperative Missions page to read more about our missions involvement.