We believe in faith in Jesus Christ - Ephesians 2:4-9
- …because we believe that all men are saved by faith alone and only through the substitutionary birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of our sins (1 Timothy 2:5);
- …because we acknowledge our faith in Christ through our public confession of baptism by immersion (Matthew 3:13-16);
- …because we anticipate the promise of His second coming through the practice of communion and belief in the resurrection of the dead and the awarded gift of immortality in Heaven (1 Corinthians 15:50-58; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).
We believe in hope through God’s Word - Romans 15:4
- …because we believe that the standard of right and wrong, truth and error, righteousness and sinfulness, are clarified for us from Genesis to Revelation (2 Timothy 3:16);
- …because we seek to hold the Bible above man’s traditions, denominational positions, or religious teachings, because we recognize it as divinely inspired through the Holy Spirit of God (2 Peter 1:21);
- …because we see the intended role of the church, both local and universal, individual and corporate, male and female, to be the entrusted witness of the gospel, doctrine, and truth (1 Timothy 3:15; Matthew 28:16-20).
We believe in love for one-another - John 13:34-35
- …because we believe that the ultimate witness of our Christian faith is our love for one-another as expressed in attitude, actions, and evangelistic efforts that rely on the convicting power of the Holy Spirit, which is the giver of God’s unconditional love within human hearts (Romans 5:5);
- …because we seek to affirm God’s love in the institution of marriage as a lifelong union between one man and one woman in mutual respect and companionship, and within the family structure as parents and siblings, and as children of God before men (Genesis 1:26-28);
- …because we recognize the power of God’s love to transcend social, political, racial, economical, national, or cultural differences for peace and cooperation in the advancement of God’s Kingdom here on earth (John 15:12; John 3:16).
West Mobile Bible Fellowship’s Position Statements